VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I’ve recently bought a 2003 2.5 TDI. It’s the 87BHP version. I see that a couple of cheap mods I can do to get a bit more power is the EGR blank and de Cat. Does doing these mods without a remap cause the engine light to come on? Also is it likely to fail the MOT with the decat due to emissions? Many thanks Mic

·
Registered
291 Posts
All, I’ve recently bought a 2003 2.5 TDI. It’s the 87BHP version. I see that a couple of cheap mods I can do to get a bit more power is the EGR blank and de Cat. Does doing these mods without a remap cause the engine light to come on? Also is it likely to fail the MOT with the decat due to emissions? Many thanks Mic
Plenty of info using the search function mate. Also i would recommend removing the inlet manifold & connected parts & cleaning the gunge out which will be there. As for the CAT, they are useless on most of these machines. The gunge that runs through them from a worn engine quickly makes those pretty ineffective anyway. The internal surfaces act as a muck trap & little else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Blank the EGR, kits are cheap enough, if you have the 2.5tdi from a 2003. The best thing to do is to buy the intercooler, search on here for the L200 intercooler that fits if you want to do it on the cheap or just stump up n buy one from an ACV (which is the 102bhp engine if memory serves), be about 200 quid, then get it remapped.

Another option, though its a lot more money is to see Rake on here (Project Power) and change the injectors over, if you're going to get it mapped I would recommend getting the PP1s, I have the old style ECU so finding a mapper has been difficult/impossible! So I fitted the pp0.5s which don't need a remap, not bad and the biggest major improvement, but now I've found somewhere who will remap the wagon, I wish I had the PP1s in as you can get quite a lot more out of em!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, ive done the EGR blank and cleaned out the EGR housing assembly which has helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts