VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the EGR valve today. My van is a 2002 2.5tdi 102bhp. Very easy job but very messy. Taking the valve off and putting it back on only took about 10 minutes. cleaning it took an hour.
As mentioned in previous posts surgical gloves would be best when tackling this. I also blanked it off using a previously bought blanking plate.
Ive done a few of these on various cars and im still amazed at the amount sh"" that is clogging the egr and inlet manifold there must be a better way to do the same thing.
I did try to clean the inlet manifold as best i could but if i was to do it next time i would take it off and clean it properly.
Van is running better already and seems to be pulling well, lets hope the fuel consumption is also better.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yer ive got all the stuff to do it but ive been putting it off, im going to replace all the vac pipes @ same time, may do it over the weekend

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep it's a mucky job. The inlet manifold is a real beggar to remove though. When you do take it off you'll see that black cack runs all the way to the valves. Then you'll want to take the head off to give it a dam good clean!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I set about cleaning egr on mine opened it all up clean as a whistle
Look in my look book it had been done on last sevice. I had been looking forward to doing it blanked it off when I was there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts