VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and re-read the EGR threads on here, particularly T4Trick's How To! The first query I have is that on the pics of the EGR on that particular thread there is a black plastic device attached to the EGR that seems to be absent from my EGR. I know that T4 Trick was working on an intercooled model and mine is non intercooled. So are they different EGRs on the two models? Just want to know cos if I have a bit missing I'll need to get looking for one.
The other thing is about the gaskets. Will I need to replace the big square gasket between the EGR and the inlet manifold? If so it'll have to wait another week til I can get one unless its OK to use gasket card which I can get from up the road today.
Thanks heaps in advance.
Jase

·
Registered
34 Posts
just find the vac pipe on the egr valve and pull it off then stick ball bearing up vac pipe to stop it from working saves all the work T:

·
6,707 Posts
I have read and re-read the EGR threads on here, particularly T4Trick's How To! The first query I have is that on the pics of the EGR on that particular thread there is a black plastic device attached to the EGR that seems to be absent from my EGR. I know that T4 Trick was working on an intercooled model and mine is non intercooled. So are they different EGRs on the two models? Just want to know cos if I have a bit missing I'll need to get looking for one.
The other thing is about the gaskets. Will I need to replace the big square gasket between the EGR and the inlet manifold? If so it'll have to wait another week til I can get one unless its OK to use gasket card which I can get from up the road today.
Thanks heaps in advance.
Jase

The black plastic bit is the arm for the anti shudder valve that uses a butterfly to choke the inlet when stopping the engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sorry to butt in your thread but can the EGR blank off be dont to a 1.9td? If so has anyone got any hints n tips for doing it.

Cheers
Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts