VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,i blocked off my EGR port some 6 months ago but last week i had an idea while planning out my front mounted intercooler.
My idea is to make a replacement manifold of the same dimentions but without the EGR thing. Basically a straight throu' manifold. it will be all stainless upto the 90deg bend that goes throu'the bulkhead. Same for the return IC pipe.
Has anybody tried this & can anybody see any problems as i can't.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
maybe ive miss read it

but are you wanting a 4 branch manifold "Banana" style right from the cylinder head :dunno:

instead of the full cast lump 4 into 1 style standard thingT:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes monkeylover,like that one. £67 seems steep. Mine will go across the engine then down the front to a silicon elbow. So if you can buy one then there can't be a problem. Mine should cost about,nothing. We've got the bits at work.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Identical bits of kit - just seems Morriss' prices are cheaper..... :)

Yep £1.60 cheaper T:

interesting to see what results this mod gives, my mates is looking into fitting the EGR Replacement pipe and re-mapping his Syncro.

i'm running NASP so i'm out of the equation.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Yep £1.60 cheaper T:

interesting to see what results this mod gives, my mates is looking into fitting the EGR Replacement pipe and re-mapping his Syncro.

i'm running NASP so i'm out of the equation.
£8.40 cheaper fella dont forget i dont charge postage:ILU:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i will keep you posted. I assume that the two pipes that connect top and bottom of the EGR port can be blocked of at source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts