VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

2000 T4 2.5 102hp

I cleaned and blanked off the EGR today, which went well except there was no black plastic thing sitting on top - just an alloy egr valve with a single vacuum pipe coming off it. Is this normal, or is there a bit missing? All the pics I have seen have a black plastic thingy (apologies for using technical terms there) on top of the EGR valve housing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think your is an older type (pre 2000 I think) without a diverter flap...:ILU:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
whats the idea of this mod guys?

No More recyled gases give better performance?
basically the unburnt gases go through the egr then into your inlet manifold to get reburnt but over lots of miles these unburt gases turn into a black horrible gunk and block up your inlet manifold so your engine doesnt get the air or fuel it needs hense lack of power if you block this off eventually your van will clear all the black gunk and run alot more freely and you will get better fuel acconamy
if you do this mod make sure you put some new gaskets on they cost less than £10 from your local vw dealerT:

excuse the spelling and quote me if im wrong theirs probably better people on here to explain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts