VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few weeks delay due to my van getting rear ended 4 days after getting it, i got around to fitting my wheels and suspension today.

Side of Transporter T5.1 by minimivic, on Flickr

Untitled by minimivic, on Flickr
Rear spring comparison
And a helper.

Lots more pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157648777825204/
Verdict:
Ride home was a lot better than before. There is movement in the suspension but it goes around corners way better than Stock. Cats eyes are now not so harsh and the ride is smoother on the road. 1 Downfall so far is I think i bottomed out on a dip, which has happened on other cars before. Overall very pleased so far only time will tell the whole story.

Many thanks to Andrew and Gary for there help today.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few days in now and mostly very pleased.
Ride is a lot less harsh on normal roads, and boy does it corner a lot better now.

I am however getting the feeling I am riding on the bump stops on hard cornering and bad bumps in the road.

Anyone have suggestions as to cut down the bump stops or get some B6? Blisters as they are designed for lowered vans.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
A few days in now and mostly very pleased.
Ride is a lot less harsh on normal roads, and boy does it corner a lot better now.

I am however getting the feeling I am riding on the bump stops on hard cornering and bad bumps in the road.

Anyone have suggestions as to cut down the bump stops or get some B6? Blisters as they are designed for lowered vans.
B8's are the shorter ones for lowered vans. T:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the correction.

Now that you are doing a 50mm drop what are your thoughts on dampers and bump stops? or should I drive less hard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,i have just bought a van the same as yours. Same colour and i am getting the same wheels. Are yours 20inch? I'm getting 255 40 20 tires.What are yours?
Thanks stew

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Rear feels fine it's the front that's feels like it's on the bump stops. Still rides and handles great just could be a hit better.
I've been running these for a week or two now and not had any issue bottoming but I've not done any distance just a short commute to the workshop, I'll keep you posted if I get any issues. Of course B8's would be the perfect set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Belgium.
I'm new here, but I'm not new to the T5. Just bought my third one today A: This time it's a white one (previous were grey and black).
Anyway, why this post?
When I see the pics in the first post of this thread I'm wondering if all that is done was to change out the stock springs with Eibachs? Only the springs? Or the dampers too? I love the stance of this van and would like to apply it to mine, hoping this is possible as mine seems to be a 3,2 Ton.
Thx!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just changed the springs to the eibach 50 mm and added the 20" wheels.

Very pleased with the overall ride and handling. May do shocks down the line as they have done 118k miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts