VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I reckon its the way they are coiled mate. A 60mm spring would have to be quite a bit shorter or wider if they were lower. Youve seen them JJ, big gaps between the coils so they dont compress. Imo they are for full camper convertions only. Wouldnt sit very low on your van at all :ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want eibach and shortened GAZ setup but i'm lead to believe the setup doesn't work and i need normal height GAZ shocks. Problem is i want the raked look and the normal ones wont be as good for that setup on the front. Maybe i will get shortened and stick with my coilbound CMC ones.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And its things said like this is why im torn between good springs with not much drop and lower springs that have no quality .
I'm hoping there are some decent 60's out there somewhere, just need to find them! 40mm isn't low enough :(

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
as in my other post mate...

a pair of the shortened gaz shocks for the front so you can wind her down low..

standard length gaz for the rear with the eibachs...if you dont have any weight in the rear though you will be dissapointed with the eibachs..

but the above setup would work perfect...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am running Gaz standard shocks with Eibachs and 5 mm shim, i must say the ride is real nice, however Colese is right to get that rake look the shortened Gaz would be better, would that also mean having to shorten drop links? As Regards the rear Eibachs are great, but really could do with being a bit shorter.

·
Registered
552 Posts
any lowering spring with little weight does give a less than reported drop.

i got an ex coca cola van im currently converting on -60 t4srus springs and its dropped a bit but not 60mm cos its empty.

i got -40 eibachs on my westy and its waaayy lower than the coke van.

the eibachs do ride nicely thoughT:

·
Registered
433 Posts
yes i am running hd t4srus springs and disapointed with the drop on an un loaded. if there was a spring that carryed weight coiled propery and has the perfect unloaded drop i guess this is more or less impossible maybe.:*

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
any lowering spring with little weight does give a less than reported drop.

i got an ex coca cola van im currently converting on -60 t4srus springs and its dropped a bit but not 60mm cos its empty.

i got -40 eibachs on my westy and its waaayy lower than the coke van:
this is my problem
The van is always empty apart from a couple of 29lb mountain bikes sometimes

·
Registered
433 Posts
i've been looking at the new adjustable rear spring coil over type sets that blue bird cmc and prosport but i hav'nt had any feed back on them this might suit you aswell as me if you want to carry a bit more weight just lift the back up more:*

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
i've been looking at the new adjustable rear spring coil over type sets that blue bird cmc and prosport but i hav'nt had any feed back on them this might suit you aswell as me if you want to carry a bit more weight just lift the back up more:*
That would be a good solution if the kit is tidy
They would spend most of the time wound down mind T:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts