VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new eibach springs fitted and they've transformed the van from a wallowing old bus into something completely differentA:

Corner...what cornerLOL:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
agreed - the combo of eibachs and sachs dampers transformed my van's handling

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
+1 for the Eibachs, superb, and they seem to get even better after a few k.

I've also put the Sachs shocks on some whole later and while they were also an improvement, they weren't anywhere as big an improvement.. I'd say to anyone do both if you can, but if it was one or the other then the Eibachs would win no question!

·
Registered
82 Posts
will the eibachs be ok with standard new shocks? ive got the 45mm springs on but its still really bouncy so think the shocks are shot...

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
+1 for the Eibachs, superb, and they seem to get even better after a few k.

I've also put the Sachs shocks on some whole later and while they were also an improvement, they weren't anywhere as big an improvement.. I'd say to anyone do both if you can, but if it was one or the other then the Eibachs would win no question!
I should have clarified - the shock absorbers the Sachs replaced were completely knackered, so I noticed a huge improvement... Plus I was on ex-AA HD springs too. Completely different ride after the changeoverT:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
is the ride with AA springs even higher than normal stock? I'm currently emptying my AA van out of tool lockers etc and looking for suspension upgrades/replacements too...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did mine 6 months ago,Sachs and Eibachs,Stunning difference in handling and ride quality.
Best monies I've spent on the van. A:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do any of you guys carry passengers in the back, do you know if the ride for them was hugely improved? My wife always moans when we travel up the M6 round Birmingham cause of the vibrations in the back.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just fitted yesterday eibach springs and bilstien shocks ..wish I'd done it years ago ..oh and some bbs 18 inch wheels ...money well spent ..:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you guys usnig lowered Eibach springs ? What do you recomend for max lowered ones?

Also where did you get them from, ebay?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
is the ride with AA springs even higher than normal stock? I'm currently emptying my AA van out of tool lockers etc and looking for suspension upgrades/replacements too...
Yes I believe so - on AA springs, my van sat higher than stock velles & multi vans

1 - 17 of 17 Posts