VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody

After a bad experience with V Maxx (they all packed up after less than 12 months) I now need to replace all 4 shocks and rear springs.

After searching around the forums I have decided to go for eibach rear springs and Sachs HD Touring Shocks, seems like a good combo and a bit cheaper than the billy B6's. All this will go on a 53 plate caravelle 2.5. which now runs at 135bhp.

My question is this, I would like to lower the van a little, but not over the score so which size of springs should I get bearing in mind that the velle is a little lower in the first place. Secondly I would prefer to buy the whole lot from one place but struggling with this as cant find a supplier for both.

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
281 Posts
If your fitting eibach springs then you don't have a choice, they only come in a 45mm drop. As for where to get them from I would try veedub transporters or lark speed.

Best place to get the shocks from is wanapart.

Not sure if anyone stocks both of these, but does it really matter.....

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
As all the traders are out in force, how about I see you on that. Show us your best forum price for the springs.
We know who is the cheapest on the shocks, wanapart.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, i dont post very often but i was about to order front and rear sachs from wanapart and did a search for a discount code and found this WPPROM01 on wanaparts facebook page. got 5 % off, paid £184.74.
every little helps.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
That is our best price dude, if you can get them cheaper I,ll eat my shortsLOL:
That,s what i found when i got my springs from you a couple of months ago. A great service at the best price i could find.
Looks like the other guy have gone quite on there best price.
If this was a race, Veedubtransporters would be winning on the springs and Wanapart on the shocks.
PS: looks like you can keep your shorts on my friend!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
That,s what i found when i got my springs from you a couple of months ago. A great service at the best price i could find.
If this was a race, Veedubtransporters would be winning on the springs and Wanapart on the shocks.
if you want the 5mm shims to go 50mm then going for our package does work out cheaper, and no, it's not a race :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
if you want the 5mm shims to go 50mm then going for our package does work out cheaper, and no, it's not a race :)
That,s great if you want the shims as well. Clearing it up so people on the forum can get the best price.
It was a race for me to find the best price on everything i did/do on my T4 conversion and i think that,s the same for most who are doing a conversion.

Free markets and all that!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
LOL:LOL:good job now the sun's back out LOL:LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts