VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted loads of times and I've searched the threads and can't grasp what it is that I am looking for:-

I want to be able to / have a leisure battery, 240v hook up, some kind of split charge system, a way of recharging leisure batt when on hook up, a couple of plugs at least for 240v items. interface which shows battery levels etc. I will ultimately be installing cupboards in the bus with sink hot / cold water with gas hob and fridge / coolbox

If anyone can talk me through this one it would be great, never really done anything like this before so the help will be greatly appreciated.

:ILU:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
If you're unsure in any way, then when it comes to fitting 240v electricity into a metal-bodied vehicle, I would advise leave it to the professionals!

What you're listing is very normal requirements, and there are folks on the forum who do this professionally.. and having just obtained prices from one of them, it doesn't cost the earth either.

I do have a background in this, but am still getting a pro to do it for that piece of mind. Not sure I've helped you with my answer though!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure yeah, althotugh I'd prefer to source parts myself and at least try and install some of it it. If anyone knows what parts I would need would be great..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am in the same position. So what have you decided so far with your setup? I just ordeded Elecsol battery 125amp. Have a look at those. What about fridge or coolbox?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,728 Posts
If you're unsure in any way, then when it comes to fitting 240v electricity into a metal-bodied vehicle, I would advise leave it to the professionals!
Wrong way around....
The 240V system should never be a problem....all sites are fused anyway...even with RCD's so you don't even get a shock.

The 12V system is the dangerous one if you don't know what you're doing! THAT'S the one that will burn your van to the ground if you get it wrong!

240V....max is 16A supply...
12V....you'll get over 1000A from a reasonable battery....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts