VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My drivers door window has become intermittently faulty, refusing to close. It would appear it's a common problem with the switch getting wet.
I've trawled various thread trying to work out how hard or easy it is to replace the switch, and of course it is easy (when you know the answer). There is no need to dismantle the door and literally took me 2 minutes to remove.
So as I took mine out for the first time, I took a few pictures to show how it's done. The part number is blurred on my switch (2009 T30) but I expect TPS will know the part when I ring them. I've liberally sprayed it with contact cleaner, and if that doesn't work I'll shell out for a new one.
Anyway, hope this helps someone.
Martin

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked great for me as well, thanks! But I found it difficult to get a screw driver in under the front lip without scratching the plastic frame around the switch.
I found an old credit card and used the corner of that instead of a screw driver to pop out the window switch.
When I removed the drivers side button I could see there was a small crack in the plastic that holds the contacts in place.
I went straight out the my local VW dealer and got a new switch for €40....sorted!!
I'm one happy camper! (pun intended :) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another thanks from me T:

Here's the part number on a 2008 Caravelle (got replacement from GSF on ebay which turned out to be a german manufactured part rather than the cheaper chinese ones)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My drivers door window has become intermittently faulty, refusing to close. It would appear it's a common problem with the switch getting wet.
I've trawled various thread trying to work out how hard or easy it is to replace the switch, and of course it is easy (when you know the answer). There is no need to dismantle the door and literally took me 2 minutes to remove.
So as I took mine out for the first time, I took a few pictures to show how it's done. The part number is blurred on my switch (2009 T30) but I expect TPS will know the part when I ring them. I've liberally sprayed it with contact cleaner, and if that doesn't work I'll shell out for a new one.
Anyway, hope this helps someone.
Martin

Six years on, and it helped me! Many thanks.
Les

1 - 6 of 6 Posts