VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a T5 Sportline. One dealer has told me this is unavailable with electric door but today I have been told it is no problem. What do you say?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I really wouldn't bother - it's just one more thing to go wrong, and would not add to the second-hand value.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just got one on my new van 180 DSG kombi and only bought it because i was ticking boxes when ordering but to be fair i love it. When its raining just run up to the van press the button me, missus and little one jump in and close. Sort of annoying when it shuts as it beeps, but after owning it for a week on the next van i would get twin sliders and not hesitate to get both electric.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ask Oli (Bognor Motors)

I'm sure he said before that they are more trouble than they are worth?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But can you get them on the sportline. I know I want them, but the brochure says you can't but the dealer says you can.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Why not order a highline and add all the sportline options to it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got one one my company car, great option. Open from key fob when arms are full, no hanging about when raining. Whether I would spec it myself would depend on cost. What do VW charge?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,065 Posts
the brochure says you can't but the dealer says you can.
I can't recall seeing any cases where the dealer is right and the factory is wrong - but plenty of examples of dealers signing up customers for option combinations that they can't actually get.

And, as others have said, they seem to go wrong a lot (or can be made to go wrong by slightly impatient passengers pushing them - which isn't covered by warranty).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is a great response. I am shocked how little some dealers know, some do know their product and love it

·
Registered
621 Posts
Can electric doors also be manually shut?

All well and good opening the doors as you approach if it's hoofing it down, but then sitting in the back whilst it takes 30 seconds to shut getting soaked doesn't sound quite as good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update, electric doors are no longer available on the Kombi. Since Feb. This has been confirmed by two dealers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why not order a highline and add all the sportline options to it?
Exactly what I did, I love the look of the sportline but dont like the fact you cannot upgrade? So why not get a Highline and spec it up to be better than a sportline

"Can electric doors also be manually shut?"

Yes you just use the handle as a switch, just pull it and let go and it does its stuff!

"All well and good opening the doors as you approach if it's hoofing it down, but then sitting in the back whilst it takes 30 seconds to shut getting soaked doesn't sound quite as good."

I would say they take less than 10 seconds to shut but most of this is the motor pulling the door shut to the seal.

"Quick update, electric doors are no longer available on the Kombi. Since Feb. This has been confirmed by two dealers."

Not surprised apparently the 180 is not available in a panel van any more either!

·
Registered
654 Posts
From my own experience with Elec Doors on my caravelle they are a pain in the ass....! not worth it...T:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi

I have twin electric sliders on my Kombi, I have just looked online and they are still in the price list.

You can operate manually but you are pushing the motor as well so they are harder to push than standard doors.

The advantages far outweigh any potential problems and the van is covered under warranty anyway.

Advantages in my eyes
  1. Brilliant if you have kids because they can open and close by themselves
  2. Not that costly £804 more if you have twin sliders £402 for a single
  3. You can open and close remotely.

Disadvantages
Beeping noise when closing
Kids will play with them a lot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts