VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ive fitted the electric window kit from eBay (the £180 kit) which has been shown on this forum many times but I cannot work out where the power/earth are attached. Some people have said about the KL30 on the fuse board but I cannot see this on my fuse board.

This picture is the problem area:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
all fitted now but are the switches meant to be illuminated all the time even without the key in the ignition? :*

They are only small LEDs so guessing that it wont drain the battery so long as it is used regularly

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
The switches should only be illuminated when ignition on, your windows should only work with ignition on. What year van is it?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Having them on all the time isn't a problem unless you leave your van for long periods. However, if you have young children you should wire them via an ignition controlled relay to prevent unauthorised use by unsupervised sprogs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having them on all the time isn't a problem unless you leave your van for long periods. However, if you have young children you should wire them via an ignition controlled relay to prevent unauthorised use by unsupervised sprogs.
Upspex you could make a small fortune if you lived near to me!
Where do I wire it via an ignition controlled relay? Not that bothered about them being on all the time but if I can I'll change it

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Cut the red wire that supplies them at the moment and connect the two ends to relay terminals 30 and 87. Connect relay terminal 86 to earth and 85 to an ign supply on the fuse box as described earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts