VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 2.5TDI 88BHP Campervan
Small problem with drivers side electric window operation. When switch flicked up window will go up to the closed position but then bounce open again about 3 inches. It then has to be reclosed by holding the switch up. It has been like this since new and obviously should have got it sorted under warranty but unfortunately didnt. It is not a major inconvenience but if it can be fixed by some minor adjustment then would like to do so. If however it is difficult to fix and/or replacement parts needed then can live with this foible as I have to date. Any advice please

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
hi dude have you trid reseting the window, like when you have disconected batery, if you got van hand book supplied with van it tells you how to do this, give it a whirl

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes wind deflectors were fitted by the converter Bilbos. Never had any problem with the passenger side window though.

Still running on the original battery which has never been disconnected so have never had to learn about resetting the window controls. Dug out the handbook originally supplied and yes indeed the procedure for resetting is in there - followed it and window now works 100% correctly. Many thanks for your excellent responses.

NB Never thought to look in handbook. Looked through it when camper first purchased but found most of the info either blindingly obvious or totally bemusing since it covered so many variants that in many instances I did not have a clue whether the info applied to my vehicle or not. I did suggest to the converter that before supplying either they or the VW dealer should go through the documentation and indicate which bits applied and cross through whatever did not. No response of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts