VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does anyone have any advice on what to do about electric windows in an 01 transporter, when i try to use my windows from the drivers side control, my driver's window harldy ever works and if it does work it very often doesnt close again or stops halfway. and the same with the passenger window. Although strangely the passenger window always works fine when i use the control on the passenger side itself. So i tried a couple of things like swapping the switches and so on, but the windows acted exactly the same.

Any advice would be really useful, because if I cant sort them out easily I think i might just convert the windows to manual winders

Cheers

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
hi, does anyone have any advice on what to do about electric windows in an 01 transporter, when i try to use my windows from the drivers side control, my driver's window harldy ever works and if it does work it very often doesnt close again or stops halfway. and the same with the passenger window. Although strangely the passenger window always works fine when i use the control on the passenger side itself. So i tried a couple of things like swapping the switches and so on, but the windows acted exactly the same.

Any advice would be really useful, because if I cant sort them out easily I think i might just convert the windows to manual winders

Cheers

Hi,

check the continuity of the wires in the bellows between the drivers door and the body!

it's a fairly common fault, the wires reak inside the bellows.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perfect! i had to go quite far along the loom, nearly right into the body of the van, but then i found two completly split cables that had obviousely been wearing away for a while...windows are now working better than they ever did !

cheers!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem, going to france soon so need these windows to work. I'll look into continuity and hopefully this will sort the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts