VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my door cards off and gonna give them the makeover treatment so thought it might be worth upgrading to electric windows whilst they're off - anyone recommend where to purchase a decent kit with idiot proof instructions I:

Cheers

·
Registered
661 Posts
Cheers - was sorta heading that way but wanted to know if any issues for anyone with these kits before pressing BUY !
You won't regret it just take a good look at the wiring diagram as they use a white line for one of the cables (also white) but have printed it on white paper. LOL:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You won't regret it just take a good look at the wiring diagram as they use a white line for one of the cables (also white) but have printed it on white paper. LOL:
Ha ha classic H: thanks for the info will take a look in the morn as tired out !

·
Registered
662 Posts
The T4RUS kits are from Travelinlite which are the same as the ones on eBay.

Fitted mine the other week. Easy enough todo, the only slightly tricky bit is cutting the door tops. Easy if you're converting commercial door cards as they provide templates, harder if you're converting LHD multivan door cards.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
It took me a while to work out why i had a spare white wire ,the t4srus kit doesnt need a relay but the ebay one shows a relay on the instruction and i found the wiring harness better on the t4srus kit.the ebay one i brought didnt come with a cutting template where the t4srus one did T:

·
Registered
661 Posts
It took me a while to work out why i had a spare white wire ,the t4srus kit doesnt need a relay but the ebay one shows a relay on the instruction and i found the wiring harness better on the t4srus kit.the ebay one i brought didnt come with a cutting template where the t4srus one did T:
Yeah if I'm completely honest it was in fact a mate that noticed a white wire on the diagram. Even if it didn't come with a template if you're any good with a dremel should be easy enough. The only thing I wish the cheaper kits did is one touch operation but for the £450 saving over the one touch kits I found it is worth it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks for all the replies chaps T:- think I'll plump for the T4s website option.

Cheers Mark
That's what I did and I phoned them to order it and asked if they could post if straight away so I could receive it the following day (didn't want to remove the door cards again the following weekend) the guy on the phone took the order to shipping there and then while I was still on the phone. Very good customer service from them so if you want it soon give them a phone and they will get it to you ASAP.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah on it first thing in the morn thanks mate - got passenger door card off and split it down last night ..... Wife was overjoyed with me wielding the hammer and chisel at 10.30 pm :eek:

:ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts