VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently fitting electric windows to the beloved. I need some help with the wiring I have the earths sorted just the 2 lives and I need to fuse it where should I connect the lives to?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any particular one or just any and would it be fused I have a large red live and a smaller switched live to be connected.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Connect the main red wire to the spare port next to the thick red wires top right of fuse box on pre 99 vans or to any port marked KL30 on later vans. For an ignition supply use a port marked KL15 (black/yellow wires).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nearly there just can't seem to find the switched live port. Mines a 1992 model.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
The red and black wire from the ignition loom should be a switched positive supply. You'll find that back at the fuseboard.
No No NO!!!! Red black is the starter solenoid feed. You need the black yellow in that loom on this van.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for you're invaluable advice. The windows in and working fine, however they came with two brassy coloured brackets, I have no idea where these fit they have four bolt holes in them each and look as though they fit on the window somewhere! Any ideas

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
None. I have never come across these in any kits that I have fitted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All dissed those brackets are the window motor stabilising brackets thanks again guys :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts