VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've 2 questions.
Is it a simple job to fit bumper mounted spotlights or fogs. I'm not that clued up when it comes to relays, splicing into looms etc.
Also hanging underneath my fuse box are various electrical connectors of different colours not connected to anything, if anything what might they be for.
My beloved van is a 2002 2.5 T4. After a serious cambelt failure smashing the head and after having it repaired I've decided it's time to give her a new lease of life. Most mechanical issues are sound but there's a few electrical additions I'd like to fit but cant find a simple answer to any I look into doing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could look on travelin-lites website or there eBay sales they have a kit with a separate switch and full instructions, I fitted a set to my T5 bought from them very simple although I am an electrician (but vehicle electrics are different)
You could also retro fit some original VW lights, you may have a two stage switch so you could connect to wiring loom and switch???
I have also heard of guys fitting a mark 3 golf switch which then gives you the front fog position???
There are some good threads on here with step by step instructions. In my opinion tho the simplest option would be the travelin-lite kit, as long as your happy with a job standard switch. Hope this helps a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts