VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Still in the process of doing up the van and the next task is to install the amp and a leisure battery. I was wondering where is best to route the power cable from the battery. There must be loads of people who've done so was just wondering where was best to do it.

Also if anyone has any helpful tips and advice it'd be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Depending on where yo fit your leisure battery, there are a couple of routes available. If you remove the plastic step inside either the passenger or drivers door, you can route the cable under this step. You can then pass it through the dash and through one of a couple of existing holes in the engine comparment. My battery is at the back end of my cupboards and the wire just runs through the back of the cupboards. Some people have taken it up the door pillar and across the roof under the roof panels. Just realised that you have a T5, mine is a T4 so I am not sure if they are the same, hopefully it will give you some ideas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for all the help. I've now got the unit fitted, unfortunately the battery isn't in yet as I need a cabinet and breather pipe. I'll try and update my build log tonight with a few photo's.

Once again thanks for all your help and advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts