VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Or to be more precise,no glowplug icon on the dashboard display:*
Last friday,had the van serviced n mot'd,she ran fine until last sunday morning,would turn over,just won't fire.Called out the breakdown service,who wasted 2 hours not finding the fault(they're in with my insurance,not for much longer).So have had an auto elec guy remove the immobiliser,to eliminate that,then he towed it to his garage,because he was only diagnosing the fault,and will now spend time tracing the wires etc.His ballpark guess was possibly the diesel switch on the pump was busted,i hope it's as simple as that,as i've just started a new job and of course need the old girl back soonest.Just to add to the pain,my mans had a berievement last week,so i'm ringing him tomorrow to see what he's found,poor chap.
As for the breakdown service man,he'd have better off with a Morris Oxford to fix,he was asking me questions?,guess it's a lucky dip,apparently the AA,who i've used for years until now,carry diagnostic equipement,so thats worth knowing,it may cost a little more,but at least you have a better chance of finding the problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentleman,my man traced the problem to a relay,picking her up tomorrow,loading her up for the beach friday,all day kiting at Fraiserthorpe/Bridlington on saturday,small kites,high winds,rip it up:D.
But i'll run her around town first,because the substitute relay is a second hand one,may even go buy/order a new one,just for peace of mind,happy days.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentleman,my man traced the problem to a relay,picking her up tomorrow,loading her up for the beach friday,all day kiting at Fraiserthorpe/Bridlington on saturday,small kites,high winds,rip it up:D.
But i'll run her around town first,because the substitute relay is a second hand one,may even go buy/order a new one,just for peace of mind,happy days.
Sadly he was wrong,it's an immobiliser fault,so now she's at a qualified electricians,and on tuesday,i hope he'll bloody fix it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like i should really have got her towed to the vw garage,may yet do that,not easy on 12 hour shifts,but it will be sorted.;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok,she's off to VW tommorrow,problem traced to ecu/wiring harness,possible water ingress,don't care,just want her back,apparently the ecu normally has 8 key programmes in it,mine has over 100:eek:,so tlc needed,maybe new ecu required,ouch,have to wait n see.:*

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well,well,well,great balls of fire!,ecu's shot to hell,had voltage reading fault,£1500 to get her fixed up and remapped,picking her up tommorrow,new ecu,i look at it as an investment,but i'll never have another immobiliser fitted;),thats for bloody sure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts