VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to convert my T5 into a camper so the first job is the elevating roof! Please can I have some suggestions of which one is best for your money and also suggested suppliers/fitters - I am in the North West but am prepared to travel. All your advise would be much appreciated from this newbie camper :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to Adam at Vanhaus http://www.vanhaus.co.uk for a part fit, 6 hr job and I was away home, it was between him and austops who do a scissor hinge on there roof now. The one I got off Adam is a uk pop tops roof and I'm very pleased with it especially for the price, if your any where near kendal your more than welcome to come and have a look at mine T:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I hope you are a genuine new member, otherwise I can guess which way this thread I s going to go..........

Sorry but I'm getting very cynical about certain suppliers and new members popping up.

Try looking at, in no particular order:

Reimo
SCA
Austops
UK pop tops
Westdubs

There are others as well,but this would be a good place to start.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I hope you are a genuine new member, otherwise I can guess which way this thread I s going to go..........

Sorry but I'm getting very cynical about certain suppliers and new members popping up.

Try looking at, in no particular order:

Reimo
SCA
Austops
UK pop tops
Westbound

There are others as well,but this would be a good place to start.

Good luck.
Very true T:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. After weeks of research and the replies on this thread, I've decided to go with the uk poptops and am now booked in with Adam at VanHaus. Would have liked the Reimo but the thousand quid saving :eek: can go towards the rest of the conversion! A:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That's cool. I have an Austops, and the same as you, I coulnd't justify the extra £1000 for a Reimo.

I'm chuffed with what I have, and I could imagine being a £1000 more happy with a Reimo.

It totally transforms the van. Good luck and let us have some pictures when it's done.T:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
A:

I dropped my van off to Adam at Vanhaus last night.
It's been a long, long, wait...... but he has a waiting list for a reason.

I have found Adam to be helpfull and willing to talk things over with me at ease. I HAVE made a few changes during my wait, and Adam has accomodated my changes with no grumbles at all. TOP BLOKE.

Can't wait to get my van back :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
A:

I dropped my van off to Adam at Vanhaus last night.
It's been a long, long, wait...... but he has a waiting list for a reason.

I have found Adam to be helpfull and willing to talk things over with me at ease. I HAVE made a few changes during my wait, and Adam has accomodated my changes with no grumbles at all. TOP BLOKE.

Can't wait to get my van back :D
Adam has a great reputation on the forum. A good mate of mine got his T5 back from him a few weeks back and I saw it this weekend - excellent quality level and great product!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I agree with all your comments that Adam at Vanhaus has an excellent reputation on this forum, hence my reason for booking my van in with him, so it's on your heads lol.

brionline, good luck with your van, maybe you could pop some pics on when you've got it back :gl

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes, I agree with all your comments that Adam at Vanhaus has an excellent reputation on this forum, hence my reason for booking my van in with him, so it's on your heads lol.

brionline, good luck with your van, maybe you could pop some pics on when you've got it back :gl
I have my van back now.....
WOW - amazing.......

The van feels so big now, and the van feels so bright inside with the front window down.
Adam did a fantastic job and all within his timescale.

The pull down bed is so easy to use and finished so professional.

We went away for the night on Saturday and the van stood well against all the rain........
Did not take any photos, but will do this Saturday.
I will post them up as soon as we get back Sunday evening.

?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have my van back now.....
WOW - amazing.......

The van feels so big now, and the van feels so bright inside with the front window down.
Adam did a fantastic job and all within his timescale.

The pull down bed is so easy to use and finished so professional.

We went away for the night on Saturday and the van stood well against all the rain........
Did not take any photos, but will do this Saturday.
I will post them up as soon as we get back Sunday evening.

?
So glad you are happy with your van...I can't wait till mine goes in now! T:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brionline your van looks amazing. Thanks for showing me your pics. I have another question for you, do Vanhaus carpet trim around the roof once they've done it?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
brionline your van looks amazing. Thanks for showing me your pics. I have another question for you, do Vanhaus carpet trim around the roof once they've done it?
Hi.

Thanks for your comments.. I can guarnatee you will have the same results.
YES, after the roof has been installed, Adam then lines the roof /folding bed and sides to match your van (or at least he did mine).
He then completely cleans the van and takes pride in his work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts