VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1993 T4 1.9D 1X Panel Van
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is my first post although I have lurked about for a while when looking for information to issues in the past but there is some decent info on here. Now onto my question I'm having bother with.

I have been trying to find Wiring Diagrams/Current Flow Diagrams in Elsawin all I keep getting is this data is not available in Elsawin, the program version is 6.0 and I have the VW Bases 4.15 and 17 versions installed alongside, Do I need to install the Audi,Seat,Skoda bases to view all the diagrams, my T4 is a 1993 Panel 1.9D 1X Engine. When I put the data from the Information sticker inside the van onto the identification in Elsa it brings up this data is not available in Elsa. I can view the other Parts, Repair Manuals etc just not the wiring. I tried a VW Up and they came up, and later transporters from 1996 I think it was come up. Is there any info on the pre 1995 T4's on there?

Any advice is greatly regarded.

Thanks,
James

Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
whats the problem with the van / wiring?

Rich.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the problem with the van / wiring?

Rich.
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply, The problem so far is a Glow Plug issue, someone has in the past Wired a button in to power the Glow Plugs, when me and my Dad have traced the wiring back and put in a new relay everything else works but not getting power to the Glow Plugs, checked fuses and everything seems to be as normal, We are pointing towards either the Relay being bad or the contacts inside the Fuse/Relay box not contacting or broke, or the Temp sender, it's only the Power when Ignition on bit that doesn't work but works with a jumper.

I have a Brooklands manual for 1.9d 90 to 96 with the wiring diagrams in the back but they don't give alot of information and I thought there might be better a wiring or flow diagrams on Elsa.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VERY common for the contacts for the relay being burnt due to the high current.
If you search, there are some pictures somewhere recently on the forum of the problem.....probably in Electrical section.
Hi, Thanks for the reply,

That was our next job when the weather gets a bit warmer and Dry, to split the fuse box and check out the terminals, I did find the post and it gives a good confirmation to what were are expecting to find. Hopefully that hits the Nail on the Head so to speak.

Here's a Link to thread for anyone else that may need it in the Future.
Glow plug Fuse box Connection issue

Regards,
James.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.