VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am new here after looking for a good resource for T4 owners/converters. I have just purchased a 1995 2.4 Diesel SWB T4 panel van with the intention of converting to a camper. I haven't really started yet, but in preparation I purchased the complete VW ElsaWin Electronic Service Information System from eBay ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360086435469&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=023

Now this software is supposed to be the same as the dealers and manufacturers use and contains ALL makes and models of VW since 196x - yes, that means everything, not just T4s, anyway ... after following the lengthy instructions included with the 3 DVDs, the system seems great, only I'm having difficulty actually accessing any of the content due to my ignorance regarding the exact model numbers for my vehicle. The thing is, you can't access the information without putting certain criteria into the system first. The criteria required is ... Make (easy), Model Year (easy), Sales Model (?), and Engine (fairly sure).

So this is my first question for you experienced members -

Sales Model - There are two options I 'think' it may be - the 70K Transporter Caravelle or the 70C Transporter Caravelle, but I really don't know the difference. I have the engine as a 2370 as the owner stated that prior to the sale.

Here is a pic of my baby which may be of some help??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Did you get an owners manual with your van? Inside one of the booklets is a sticker with your sales model & engine prefix. The engine prefix you have stated doesn't seem right, it should be 3 letters. If you don't have a book there should be a sticker near your fuses. Failing that look on top of your cam cover or on the block itself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jets - No owners manual, but thanks for the pointers, I'll have a look where you said.

Thanks for your quick replies - also, any ideas on the gearbox, it seems I must enter that info for the technical documents

Cheers in advance :)

Oh ye, I was correct with the engine, i forgot to say it gives you the prefix too, which is AAB.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can't help you with the gearbox code unless yours is a syncro which is DRH for mine. Hopefully someone with the same van as you will come along with the code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts