VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I need help?
Can someone recommend a garage in or around crewe in Cheshire that will be able to read the codes, as my Emissions light is on permenantly??
Its a 2007 1.9TDI
Thanks in advance
Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi if u can meet me im in manchester i have a machine that will read your fault codes i can meet u somewhere half way let me know.
Cheers

Mark.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,
Thats a really kind offer, many thanks...... Im taking it to a friend who might be able to read it, (he thinks), if that turns out to be a duck I will PM ya and arrange to come see ya.... I will come to yours, or the nearest Costa.... Drinks on me!!
Thanks a lot
Chris
T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents,
Much appreciate your kind offers of help.... A friend is taking me to his friends garage tomorrow, so will see what that reveals.... But the bloody irony is that the warning light has gone out!!!!! I gave it a blast in the low gears last night, like I used to with my old Fiesta 1800 lump before MOT...... And after finishing work today its not come on again!!!... Gremlins!!!
But I do appreciate the offers of help....
ChrisA:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Get the codes read anyway, so you know what it was.

Problems that go away all by themselves can come back all by themselves too...

It's best to know..

Vag com is cheap for a pre-2010 t5, like £30 - could be the best £30 you spend...

Have a chat with the lads at Gendan, in Swansea, they do a USB to OBD lead that works really well.
( it's not much more than the cheapo ones off eBay, but it's guaranteed to work.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good advice, thank you..... Going to run it anyway, we've only just got the van so will be good to see if it throws anything up..... And will be investing in the vag com set up shortly.....

Ta
T:
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts