VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi folks

that dreaded time of the year came round again i put my velle in for its mot, got a 2 page list back and worked my way thru them nothing too bad, tyres, window wipers, bulbs, brake pipes, cv gator etc etc i got a fail too for my magic tree hanging from the rear view mirror i dont know why he didnt just pull it off save him typing it up? one of points was emissions were very slightly high, it was blowing mid section so i thought fix that and it would probably lower it and pass!!! well back in for its re sit today passed everything except emissions again and it kindly blew a front bulb in a week which i hadnt spotted!!! well at least ive got it down to 2 points but ive ran out of time so its another bloddy test fee!! thank you

any ideas how to lower emissions before i start down the expensive list of lambda probe and cat? would a new air and oil filter, plugs, oil, clean the lambda probe make any difference i havnt had the van long i had planned a full service kit but had just thought id get it thru its mot first and then do the service, gearbox oil, filters, timing belt etc

ive seen cat flush stuff as well im just wondering if its worth doing all this and fire thru again or will i just end up with the same result? i dont really want to be changing probes and cat if i dont need to there again a dont want to spend money on service stuff if the cat n probe are the bits i need now!!!!!! im in a quandery cat i test the cat's working by any means i dont imagine so. any advice? its a 2.5 petrol auto by the way

ally

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
difficult one exaust failure, have you been under van to assess? there may be obvious wear and corrosion, wort a look and go from there.

not sure about servicing stuff as l do not have experiece, but it sounds the CAT flush may be a good option.

if the MOT station is nearby, take van for a good run to warm up before next test.

mine is a 2ltr petrol, when l got under the van to have a look, there were some probs with exhaust recently, changed back box, had hanger welded back onto CAT and changed 2 clamps and it passed:ILU:

good luck:D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Try a fuel additive or that 'cat flush' and give it a thrash up the motorway or dual carriageway for a decent run. That might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts