VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it wierd that there are soo many vans around plymouth that just seem to sport a good ol bike rack without sporting the bike? Is it a fashion thing or are they just a pain to remove??? I dont think ive ever seen a bike rack with bikes on it to be honest!

Could someone please explain to meT:T:

·
Registered
188 Posts
to bloody d too..take it off that is H: but mine has gone off to be colour changed, never seen a non alloy fiamma rack A:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don,t think the weather has helped biking this year , I hav,nt yet been anywhere that i could have used the bike without being soaked hence hav,nt had the bikes on the rack at all !

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah so that'll be why there are so many on vans empty, thought i was missing out and would have to buy oneH:

You are correct they are always alloy coloured and not funked up,look forward to some pics budT:

·
Registered
188 Posts
yep im having my van colour coded, factory silver, factory plastic black ....LOL:
with a black powdercoated side bars and bike rack..T:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If I had a bike rack id use it. I currently have my road bike lay on my bed :(

Thinking about offering my winter tyres up for swaps for a tailgate Fammia.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's not just a bike rack! We use them for transporting our BBQ's & fire pits to the camp sites I: well not me as I don't have a bike rack as yet :* but some of the other guys do T:T:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I actually used mine the other day!
First time mind, but then i've only had the truck a week lol......

Im always worried about losing the steed off the back tho:eek:

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
My Fiamma stays put, as its a total pain to take on and off. Plus its a huge item to store off the van.
Likewise, ours just stays on the back of the van. Mind you very quick and handy when you need to take four bikes.

·
Formerly known as "dzv0ry" (but nobody knows why)
1,221 Posts
I go to Plymouth every year for the Bontraget 24/12, a 12 or 24 hour mountain bike race, it was on July 7/8 this year. About 2000 people take part and there are loads of T4's and 5's there!!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Jesus, you must be bored LOL: Could be that after use said bikes have been removed and stored, or they have not needed a bike that day, or they can't be bothered removing the rack, or it came with the van, or.................................................

My Van came with a Fiamma, never used it that often so sold it on. Just bought a new bike, need a bike rack now, Sod's Law..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts