VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and girls.
After a short or long chassis as I want to make a t4 trailer. Already got the man to do it. Just need the Connor van. Not bothered on the tailgate or ban doors. Either is fine. Doesn't have to have windows either. Would be better without. If you have one in the Gloucester/Worcester/Herefordshire area, please let me know.

pm me if you prefer. T:

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi,Ive got a early lwb,i just want some bits off it,but i will be cutting into the rear wing area,only by about 3mm,as i want the side panel from the rear wing to the drvs cab door,you could have the rolling shell,cheap,tho it depends how good you want the cond to be,as its a bit tatty.but it will be cheap,just a littlle more than scrap value. adam 07771293777 cheshire. The 2.4 engine is avaiable as well if somebody wants it.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I've got a shell which i don't want.
I have had all the bits off it that i want.
There is no front panels, engine or gearbox.
It's a SWB barn door shell.
It will need new rear door and a slider as the slider hasa couple of dents in it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi pal , idont know if its any interest to you but i have a t4 trailer that i started and have not quiet finished , its a swb shell chopped off via the back of the front doors , all the hard work has been done (ie welding) it has a talgate on the rear and the front has had barn doors welded in place , it has roof bars on and i have fitted new glass in the side loading door and the rear passanger side all tinted , genuine vw glass (wasnt cheap) , it has had a proper a frame made that runs inside the chassis legs and is and is secuerly bolted in and a heavy duty tow hitch , if your interested pm me you email address and ill send you some pics tomorrow , cheers nick :ILU:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Send me a link buddy

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a look mate very interested. You'll have a PM soon. T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I'm still on the hunt for a shell. I'd prefer to have the rear wings attached as its getting made from the B pillars back. If you've got anything that's not needing too much work doing IE- doors replacing, then let me know. Rust isn't too much of a bad thing as it will be getting resprayed anyway.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok guys and girls.
After a short or long chassis as I want to make a t4 trailer. Already got the man to do it. Just need the Connor van. Not bothered on the tailgate or ban doors. Either is fine. Doesn't have to have windows either. Would be better without. If you have one in the Gloucester/Worcester/Herefordshire area, please let me know.

pm me if you prefer. T:
Hi fella - you say you know some one who can do the trailer ?? about to start one in the new year but would rather get someone else to do it if you have a contactdue to lack of time ! so if you do have a number i would appreciate it.

Sorry as this is no help to your shell quest - took me the last 12 months to get all the bits needed if i here of any i will PM you,

thanks

Stozz

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi fella - you say you know some one who can do the trailer ?? about to start one in the new year but would rather get someone else to do it if you have a contactdue to lack of time ! so if you do have a number i would appreciate it.

Sorry as this is no help to your shell quest - took me the last 12 months to get all the bits needed if i here of any i will PM you,

thanks

Stozz
Got one sorted now mate. I'm just up the road from you mate. Got a find that's going to be doing it for me for a decent price. He'll be cutting,welding and spraying it all up for me as he did the respray on my van. Great job done. He's done a few before but on minivans like the caddy and a vauxhall combi. He'll be learning a few new tricks and finding the little issues that come with doing something as big as a T4. I'm going to be using a LWB but I'll have the air-lift kit installed all round by the time it comes to towing it.
If you can wait till around feb once he's done mine fully I'm sure he'd happily take on more work. Drop me a PM if you want his details.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 2000 SWB being released from the Insurance company in the first week of January if you're interested? It's been written off after a front impact, it is all good from the Cab back, I am going to strip it for spares first, the back is insulated and carpeted out too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts