VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking for some info my transporter just come to a stop today it's covered 80k and gets serviced every year without fail the recovery driver said my engine is seized ? I'm wondering is there something that fails in the bottom end ie... Oil pump ?
The van just came to a stop and all lights were on but no oil warning light on at anytime also van has oil and it's spot on correct level

Any info on the would be much help
The engine is 1.9 tdi axc

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Put the van in gear and rock it back and forth if it's seized you will not move the van for love nor money, if on the other hand you can see the engine pully's moving then it's not seized T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you get this sorted????

Mine has done the same. Its a 1.9Tdi 2005 T30. Going fine then there was a slight whizzing / ticking sound and then after a few days the engine power dropped to 40 mph (for a few miles home) the next day it wouldn't start.

Garage said the engine has seized. The cam belt, shaft and top of the block is all OK so its either something connected to the block or the pistons or something????

·
Registered
642 Posts
My Best friend has had exactly that he has a 2005 1.9TDI (AXC) with 90k on and i has sized on him..

We tryed the rocking test and will not budge an inch. then got a local VW independant to come and look at it. he said its not worth even trying to dig about to see whats up you may as well replace it with a new/recon lump.

if it were that how much would it likley cost. I see there are people on ebay how offer rebuild and refit for £1800-£1900..is that good or OTT?

I feel for him as he has just done the DMF about a month ago! :(:(:(..to be fair he dosent mind splashing the cash but even he is starting to wince a bit now!

did you guys get this sorted, if so how much did it cost you in the end?? and what was it?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mod's should this be moved to the T5 engine section....I just realised its in the T4...i did a "AXC" search and posted didn't look if it was in T4/T5 section!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
This happened after stopping at the services and then restarting it, turn the key and it was as if it had seized solid! so having re read your post probably not your issue!

just a long shot but could save someone a load of work

Regards

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts