VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically iv had my van for a while now. Not been mechanically minded myself i have trust in friends to fix my van.
First had the engine conversion down with a seat toledo. The wiring was shocking and caused a small electrical fire destroying the loom. A mate has come to my salvation and cant see how to repair the damage got a mk3 golf. I sent him over 60 pages of info from the forum regarding the conversion. He has become stuck and ready to give up on it. This cant happen as i'm self employed and my van is my only means to make a living.

In a nut shell
Its all done fitted but once started only runs for 5 seconds. He had an auto sparky come and take the imbo off the ECU to eliminate it but the problem persists.
Anyone with any suggestions would be greatly welcome. I have possible work in 5 days but unable to take it on without my moneypit of a van.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Sounds a lot like the imobiliser, but impossible to say without looking at the van or getting fault codes up. Get yourself a VCDS lead from ebay for £7 and see what its complaining about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts