VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2.5 TDi ACV 102 Caravelle, My glow plug light started flashing a couple of months ago, put VAGCOM on and it shows me that the "engine coolant temp. sensor" is open or short (can't remember the fault code). Decided it is time to change the darn thing, problem is there are two sensors, one in front at the bottom and another one close to the water expansion tank. Does anybody knows which one to replace?

Will other VW coolant sensors work? I think it is only the temperature range that differs?

My oil light has also started flashing the last week or so, did the bonnet switch thing, but problem is still there. Anybody changed the sensor, is it a pain?

Thanks in advance!!!! *<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)> hohoho

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Jets! Perhaps somebody can help me out, what is the two sensors in the water pipe housings (will post some pics later) one is right at the bottom of the radiator sits in a plastic housing that attaches on both sides with coolant hoses. The other one also sits in a plastic housing close to the water expansion tank. Looks like the same as most VW used?

Also where is the coolant drain plug and air bleed screw located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts