VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Had my T5.1 a week now and can't fathom out if I'm being thick or not. It only has the lowline DIS installed, but I have no way of seeing the engine/coolant temperature. Looked in the book and it shows a dash pod with a needle gauge inside the rev clock but I have nothing.

Does a light just come on if the engine was to overheat :*?

Cheers, Josh

·
Special Rapporteur
9,775 Posts
Does a light just come on if the engine was to overheat?
Yes.

As I understand it the gauges on the higher level instrument cluster don't show the real coolant temp anyway - you need to use something like Torque to access the actual data from the ECU if you want a true real-time output.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It bothers me aswell! Ive iust bought a scangauge fors this reason. There are a number of ways around it. I belivw u can call up the temp with the multifunction dash but then u would need a multifunction steerng wheel fitted and enabled. Or get a wireless ond dongle amd torque app. Or scanguage obd reader

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.

As I understand it the gauges on the higher level instrument cluster don't show the real coolant temp anyway - you need to use something like Torque to access the actual data from the ECU if you want a true real-time output.
Thanks, triffic.

It bothers me aswell! Ive iust bought a scangauge fors this reason. There are a number of ways around it. I belivw u can call up the temp with the multifunction dash but then u would need a multifunction steerng wheel fitted and enabled. Or get a wireless ond dongle amd torque app. Or scanguage obd reader
Might just have to live with it ruzzell, I've just got so used to seeing if my car is warmed up properly etc it'll be strange not knowing. Might look in to the scanguage....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts