VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks i have had an intermittent fault with my 2.5 tdi.

The engine has been cutting out randomly and then won't restart. After turning the ignition off and back on again there is no glow plug light.

Have replaced relays 103 and 109 to no effect.

Eventually traced the problem to chaffing wires in the loom where it goes across the top of the cam cover.

The chaffing looks like it has been caused by the plastic conjuit.

my van has done around 120,000, has anyone else come across this problem?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi,
We had the same problem with ours . Ours was luckily still uner warranty so the garage sorted it .
I think ours ended up being fuse 109 and a problem with the key .Once they changed the fuse and we used the spare key and cleared the fault code it was fine (Touch wood)
It drove us mad for weeks and eventually it stopped one day and wouldn`t restart after 10 min as it usually did, it had to be transported to the garage and only restarted when they changed the whole fuse box!!
Hope this helps

Sian :D

PS : Ours is a 2.5tdi 102 S reg

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Hi,
We had the same problem with ours . Ours was luckily still uner warranty so the garage sorted it .
I think ours ended up being fuse 109 and a problem with the key .Once they changed the fuse and we used the spare key and cleared the fault code it was fine (Touch wood)
It drove us mad for weeks and eventually it stopped one day and wouldn`t restart after 10 min as it usually did, it had to be transported to the garage and only restarted when they changed the whole fuse box!!
Hope this helps

Sian :D

PS : Ours is a 2.5tdi 102 S reg
same here had one the same 2.5 tdi was the 109 relay

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Over the last few weeks i have had an intermittent fault with my 2.5 tdi.

The engine has been cutting out randomly and then won't restart. After turning the ignition off and back on again there is no glow plug light.

Have replaced relays 103 and 109 to no effect.

Eventually traced the problem to chaffing wires in the loom where it goes across the top of the cam cover.

The chaffing looks like it has been caused by the plastic conjuit.

my van has done around 120,000, has anyone else come across this problem?
apparently quite a common fault as is the fusebox, so I'm told.
Got the same prob myself.Sure mine is the fusebox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.