VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( here goes.... :) bought myself a 05 T5 2.5 96kw PD as a project. panel van to campervan... almost done with work... VRT paid ... taking the kids to beach one day & BANG :(

BIG PUFF OF SMOKE BEHIND ... LOSS OF PRESSURE SO I TURNED ENGINE OFF AND MANAGED TO VAN OVER TO SIDE OF ROAD.

Left a trail of oil on the road & rang recovery to take me home :confused:

got home cursed & kicked the van a few times then discovered the problem, i will add photos later on ;)

So I ordered the new sealing flange with new cover VW only part €90-100 & fitted it with great hardship, what a bitch of an engine to work on ;-). knew I should have went for the 1.9 :(

changed the oil & filter, checked the old oil for metal filings - none there -

striped the turbo - not complete - just the intake & pipes i could access from above, this was caked in oil too. but the turbine on the intake side of the turbo is fine,,, still to check the exhaust side next job I think ;)

After putting all this back together, started, idled for 30 seconds, coughed, sputtered then died, with a load of blue smoke coming out of the airbox, tried to start a few rimes after, no go, turned over but no start & still blue smoke bellowing out of air intake..

HELP ANY IDEAS ANYONE :) ?:confused:

THANKS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts