VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just been offered a v reg 99 Lwb White panel van for 800 (2.5tdi) it's an ex company vehicle with 270k on the clock... It's the 102bhp model with intercooler! And I gad a test drive! It goes brilliantly! Pulles like a train! :D was well happy only thing what I noticed and was told is under de acceleration... Backing off the gas in gear there's is a constant judder type thing... Is this serious? What is it? What it gonna cost me? The engine is lovely! Runs sweet as my whatever! Just after some expert advice...? What do you think?? But for 800 quid... It's special price to me... 1600 to anyone else... What's peoples opinions??
Cheers Jack

·
Registered
756 Posts
rear engine mount....don't buy one from gsf £58......genuine vw £70.......wish i'd known that....:( needs replacing again after six months and i can't take it back because i had to modify to get it to fit in the first place...:blg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys just spoke to bullfrog and he tells me it's probably flywheel? If not gearbox? He says could also be pump which is a grand to buy let alone fit...?? What does he mean by pump?? Fuel pump??

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
878 Posts
If its pulling well and driving well, and only judders on de-acceleration it ain`t the fuel pump!!!!
Like the man said earlier, buy now, worry later it is probably an engine mount, and at that price if it is the fly wheel you are still quids in!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts