VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thanks for taking the time to look at my post i have a 2.5tdi 08 lwb t5
My engine management light is on iv had it scaned and only fault showing is 3 glow plugs need replacing but im not getting glow glug warning light on any ideas and have been told by a pal that in most cases glow plugs would not keep engine light on and should make glow plug light flash any help would be great cheers

·
Special Rapporteur
9,928 Posts
It depends what it was scanned with. The simplest scanners will only try to look for the standardised OBD codes. Ideally it needs to be scanned with a scanner that will pick up and interpret diagnostic codes that are specific to VAG vehicles. From memory, I think your mate is right - glow plugs out don't cause the engine management warning light to come on, but it should still result in diagnostic codes being logged.

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,312 Posts
Exactly as above. (y) If you want help with fixing your fault it's best to start with a full scan with something like VCDS or anything else that can give you manufacturer-specific codes. I think by 2008 you probably have a proper engine management light which the early vans didn't but a full scan (posted here) might help. Some faults don't cause codes but start there. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts