VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.5 tdi, its very poor in performance, i end up at 60 mph up a hill on motorway. ive tried the most common things like maf, n75, leaking boost and vacum pipes, waste gate etc but not the cat in exhaust.
is there any mods i can perform to try to reduse the embarresment?
stored in the ecu is a fault that the boost pressure is low
ta

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have suffering the same problem, only for a couple of days (it was flying before that). I think my issue may be the MAF (air flow sensor on the air filter box) fingers X'ed. Guys on here have recommended getting it checked by VAGCOM to give an idea of the problem.
It might be worth asking if there is anybody local that could run a check for you.

·
6,679 Posts
The boost fault code seems odd.

Can you clear it and see if it comes back ?

Check all the vac hoses to and from the turbo / N75 etc. I found that some of the 1/4 inch ones are prone to chaffing behind the coolant reserve.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your help. the code is stored and comes back almost streight away wich is why i have not suspected a cat failure. ive checked all the hoses, ajusted the waste gate, changed all the sensors etc but no difference, could it be a duff turbo? the engine runs mint with no smoke

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
If your turbo was duff you would be getting smoke because of the reduced airflow. You could be coked up if you haven't blanked your egr and if your cat was blocked enough it would reduce airflow and threfore the boost levels. Both things are worth doing anyway as a matter of course to keep the engine healthy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts