VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Every one im new here just picked up my first transporter a t5 t30 2.5 13ps lwb 2004 from fishguard drove it back to kent hit bluebell hill and under pressure it cut in to limp home mode no warning light pulled off the road shut offf the engine and re-started and it runs ok.....untill the next time you push it in 3rd gear turbo ?
the next problem the steering at tick over some times you just cant move the steering wheel give it a rev and its back to normal its intermitent but is it the pump or pressure releff valve ?
next problem the air con dont work well thats the least of my problems sort that out last :)
now the next thing is the noise from the engine its loud sounds like a delli taxi lol we found its worse underneath and it sounds like it's coming from the air con pump so removed the air con pump ran the engine and found still there had a listen with a screw driver stuck in me lug and found the sump sounds ok and as you move forward to the bottom of the front engine mount just below the power steering pump at the end were the shaft would drive the air con pump you can hear and feel the knocking so is it the steering pump or is the engine about to give up ? i also noticed there is a toothed drive belt

I have only had the trasporter a week but I love it :D so much better to drive than my maxis lol we just want to get it sorted fit the rock and roll bed and the rest of the gear and enjoy it for what it is

many thanks to any one who can give me advice as will have to sort it all out myself spent all my cash getting it so the maxis is up for sale now need the cash to fix this one and its so much better looking :D

Ken

·
Registered
475 Posts
Not sure about the engine noise but steering could be your alt pulley ! I have same problem and its been found to be that ! Its a clutch pulley and they have a habit of seizing up! With your limp mode check your boost system ! All pipes and intercooler ! Mine also had this! Replaced the blown pipe no more limp mode T:

My advice would be to get the engine checked out before spending any money, a bad t5 will bleed you dry very fast! I:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Matty yes checked all the pipes to and from the turbo found one not fitted to good below the near side head light made good the joint but its still the same my alt has a toothed belt 1.5inch wide and the steering pump is driven from an aux drive which in turn drives the air con pump at the other end of the shaft via a toothed round joint ring guess thats just incase the air con pump was to seze up.....Ken

·
Registered
475 Posts
Have you got any kind of testing gear ? Eg ebay item 330864377875 ?
Or have you had it on a vagcom?

Good little buy if you dont have one T:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Same as mine LOL: mine was a total pain in the but ! It was a mate that noticed when i was revving my van one of the boost hoses was poping out at one side ! Then when i stopped revving it dropped back in :confused: removed it and found it was totaly warn on one side T:

Other than that i must admit im of no use LOL:LOL: but was worth a shot T:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats no problem any input is good T: i was just thinking may be remove the air con pump and this time remove the steering pump as well and see if the noise stops but I guess as the steering pump has a o rind on the aux drive end the engine oil will run out the bottom cant be doing that then.....ok Matty im off to bed thanks for your input A:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts