VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its all been rebuilt fired up and running sweet with new oil and filters but the oil light wont go out on the dashboard. What would cause this? The engine is all running as it should and has plenty of fresh oil and oil pressure.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
jimmy it is the oil presure switch on the head im soooooooooo sorry I:
did mean to mention it to you when you were here i swapped it with mine as i knew you had your old one to replace it :D

glad to hear your sorted mate T: ive been driving mine today and to be honest im not realy impressed :( (tdi conversion) it is better but definatly not what i expected, maybe my old engine was tweeked a bit before i got it :dunno: if id have know what difference it was going to make before doing it you may have still been looking for a engine ;)

andy

·
Registered
500 Posts
Andy your not impressed with the Tdi then? have you took out the cat? how a bout an exhaust box as well? and a big induction kit? when you do these and tweak boost you will be smiling!!!! also get some .205 nozzles for it, basically 110hp injector nozzles, simple cheap power upgradeT:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jimmy it is the oil presure switch on the head im soooooooooo sorry I:
did mean to mention it to you when you were here i swapped it with mine as i knew you had your old one to replace it :D

glad to hear your sorted mate T: ive been driving mine today and to be honest im not realy impressed :( (tdi conversion) it is better but definatly not what i expected, maybe my old engine was tweeked a bit before i got it :dunno: if id have know what difference it was going to make before doing it you may have still been looking for a engine ;)

andy
Sorry to hear that mate I'm sure you will get used to it. I have pulled the wire off on the sensor which has put the light out and I'm getting the sensor fitted tomorrow. Thanks for the post you saved me a massive headache!

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Incidently the AAZ pump i have has made the van really slow. I have tweaked the hell out of it today and the van is far slower than what it was like on the old ABL pump. I thought it would be better :(

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
jimmy if you look at the sensor youll see that one is grey the original one should be blue
andy

ps cant you get hold of your old sensor ? save you buying one

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jimmy if you look at the sensor youll see that one is grey the original one should be blue
andy

ps cant you get hold of your old sensor ? save you buying one
Off to the garage tomorrow and they are sticking it on for me FOC. I disconnected it tonight to stop it blinking. Just got back from a 150 mile round trip and the old girl seems to be running sweet T:

Thanks for your help mate:ILU:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts