VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. My local VW stealer advised me to use Castrol Magnatec semi synth engine oil as this was what they used in its last service. Went to top up this morning with a litre bottle of magnatec that was lying in the shed, probably from use in a previous vehicle I had. Anyway after topping up I noticed this bottle was Magnatec fully synth, I only used about half a litre, will this have any negative effects on my engine at all…..I'm thinking no but thought to ask you guys. Also wondering what oil you guys use for your ABL vans?

Also went to top coolant up, the coolant in my van is blue and the stuff I bought at my local factors is red. Again, on advice from the guy at the front desk at VW (who by the way isnt even a mechanic) said not to mix red with blue coolants, so I didnt top up.
Is he right or is he talking pish?

Cheers folks. :)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The Oil is OK for topping up. I recon even if U calles CASTROL the`d confirm T:
I have dealt with them on a professional basis many years. It should be quite severe for the oil not to be compatible. U could check specs U`rsrlf online ;)

NO; don`t mix coolants. Get the OE spec stuff. Nasty stories could be told.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
The Oil is OK for topping up. I recon even if U calles CASTROL the`d confirm T:
I have dealt with them on a professional basis many years. It should be quite severe for the oil not to be compatible. U could check specs U`rsrlf online ;)

NO; don`t mix coolants. Get the OE spec stuff. Nasty stories could be told.
No on the coolants as said
But if your going to use OEM stuff you will have to flush out whats in there first T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts