VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. A couple of weeks ago my turbo went in some heavy rain in Belgium. I got it back to the UK where the garage confirmed the turbo had gone, i'm not sure what they did but power also seemed to be up after it came out of the garage, it still had no turbo really but it would cruise at 60 fairly comfortably.

I have ordered a new turbo which should come in the next couple of days. I have been driving around the country a bit for work and on Saturday morning there was some really heavy rain on the M25 and the power died again, I could barley hold 40 on the flat of the M25. A couple of minutes later the van jumped back in to life and I was driving like normal again(back to the slight lack of power) This happened a couple of times again during the journey and since then has been doing it most drives.

Normally it is at the beginning of a drive, it will have no power(struggle to accelerate when you get above 20 ish) then while I have my foot down it will suddenly jump back into life and I can drive normally again.

Can anyone explain or had this intermittent power problem before? I'm worried that it isn't just the turbo and there is something else. its seems a coincidence that both times the power died had been in very heavy rain. Could it be the electrics getting wet or something? the air filter was also quite wet the other day when I changed it.

I have a T4 2.5 TDi LWB. Any help would be much appreciated as I have a couple of hundred miles to drive home where I am getting the turbo fitted.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
hh it may be the accellorater pedal ? They are electronically controlled and i read somewhere on here someone had similer problems and when it rained.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Certainly sounds like an electrical issue. Ideally you need to get it plugged into VCDS to diagnose the fault as there could be 101 things causing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts