VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been looking at fitting a engine pre heater i have found two metal pipes running under the van to were the diesel tank is ???
the van is a 1.9tdi 08 reg t28 as i can see there in no pre heater ever been fitted to the van eg webasto
can these just be cut and a heater like the Kenlowe or hotfrog be placed in there ???
ive uploaded some photos please comment on what you think
thanks in advance

sorry the photos arnt in order:*

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes I've done it myself with a webasto heater but I tee'd into the fuel line and it's doesn't work I'm going to have to drop the tank and install a separate fuel pick up pipe from the sender I tried to cut corners and it didn't work. But yes 1 of the pipes goes to your heaters I think it comes from the head does a loop under the van then back to the heaters. I had to install a new electric water pump as mine was guffed. What are those heaters you've mentions are they electric of diesel fired?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Unfortunately for me I don't have a drive way and I have to park on the street and I don't think the law with let string a mains cable across the pavement plus someone would tap in to it and heat there house haha.

Much easier then the Webasto or Eberspacher type though.T:

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
R:Mickwha
teeing into a T4 fuel line should work on a T4, depends where you install the tee piece. dropping the fuel tank shouldn't be necessary!
Andy:)R:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts