VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1992 t4 with 148k on the clock, engine is great all except for a small knocking/ clicking noise that increases with speed, however when i push my foot down on the clutch its almost stops completely.
Any ideas on what might be casuing this,
cheers

steve

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I may have something similar...just posted a question myself.

The knocking, does it sound from front left of van down by, or inside from nearside front wheel? I had something similar on way back from cornwall this weekend. Cruising around 70 in 5th gear and starts knocking noise as I drive up a slight slope. It is with the engine speed, but stops if I put in the clutch, and also stops if I take foot of the throttle.

Very off putting. Does that sound same as you?

It stopped after I came to a halt and restarted and has been fine so far this week. I wondered if it was a fuel pump issue as the location is about right or poss something on nearside drive shaft.

Thoughts anyone? :*

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have something similar...just posted a question myself.

The knocking, does it sound from front left of van down by, or inside from nearside front wheel? I had something similar on way back from cornwall this weekend. Cruising around 70 in 5th gear and starts knocking noise as I drive up a slight slope. It is with the engine speed, but stops if I put in the clutch, and also stops if I take foot of the throttle.

Very off putting. Does that sound same as you?

It stopped after I came to a halt and restarted and has been fine so far this week. I wondered if it was a fuel pump issue as the location is about right or poss something on nearside drive shaft.

Thoughts anyone? :*

sounds very similar to mine, except mine is all the time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts