VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi been on to the derv doctor regarding a stage 1 engine tune for a 1999 t4 1.9 TD, for a 25 bhp bonus, has any one had one and what do u think, and any one dealt with them?
cheers j.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
T:Speak to "MULE" he wernt impressed.......................:(
Have a look also at the 1.9PP stuff plenty on here have a search about, also check out aggie t4s thread tdi conversionT:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
PM sent J.

The forum won't allow me to give the full in's and out of my experience but all I can say is my van was off the road for 18 months, my bank account -£1000 and I now have no VNT and standard turbo.

It was recovered in a far worse state than I deliverd it in. Went in a runner came out far from that.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sam.

P.S. I have proof of all the above and the PM sent to J.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
1.9TD power increases are easy enough for DIY - it really is a case of 'If I can do it, anyone can'.....

The ONLY cost is for an intercooler (if you decide to fit one), a boost gauge (you REALLY should fit one) and maybe a decat (if you get a replacement pipe, rather than knocking the guts out of the one already on the van).

Other than that, as long as the van is maintained well and a few basic checks are done before starting, there's no reason to pay anyone for doing this, perhaps the most simple power improvement going.

Do a search, as there's been LOTS of work done on this engine - if you can't find any threads, then look on my build diary for a decent article to get you started......... :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
J.

I have a 2.5 TDI and have fitted front mounted intercooler bossio 502 sprint nozzles and a new turbo (after the other went missing). It needs the full map but will get that done by chip wizards. This van is just basic project power to be honest.

I have another that will be a bit more special I: but I'm working 24/7 at the moment so can't find the time to get my teeth into it.

The engine and box are out and turbo on the bench.

I won't be going to a garage again (first and last time) apart from the live map that I can't do.

It's only nuts and bolts. The forum is a wealth of knowledge and help. The 1.9 is the easiest to get some extra oomph from. Get your hands black and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Sam. :ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Piece of cake to do yourself, dont waste your money. I have done the works including having an AAZ pump fitted including the new boost pin and it goes like stink. The pump was the only part i didn't fit myself and; incidently its well worth having one fitted if you can find one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i need a plan , AAZ pump !what is it? inter cooler where does it go? any one want some building work done in a trade, joking.
gonna do it but i am a proper mechanical virgin ,
research.
cheers j

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
AAZ pumps and intercoolers can be added later - the basics are free!! As I say - LOTS of info about :)

BTW - I really should practice what I preach and get my own AAZ pump fitted, but I don't know if I can afford the van to be off the road at all, as it's a daily driver......

JJ - how much did it all end up costing you in the end?? (PM me if you want - looking for a rough idea on pump price plus what you paid for fitting and (finally) getting it running)

Cheers

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts