VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
1.9TD power increases are easy enough for DIY - it really is a case of 'If I can do it, anyone can'.....

The ONLY cost is for an intercooler (if you decide to fit one), a boost gauge (you REALLY should fit one) and maybe a decat (if you get a replacement pipe, rather than knocking the guts out of the one already on the van).

Other than that, as long as the van is maintained well and a few basic checks are done before starting, there's no reason to pay anyone for doing this, perhaps the most simple power improvement going.

Do a search, as there's been LOTS of work done on this engine - if you can't find any threads, then look on my build diary for a decent article to get you started......... :)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
AAZ pumps and intercoolers can be added later - the basics are free!! As I say - LOTS of info about :)

BTW - I really should practice what I preach and get my own AAZ pump fitted, but I don't know if I can afford the van to be off the road at all, as it's a daily driver......

JJ - how much did it all end up costing you in the end?? (PM me if you want - looking for a rough idea on pump price plus what you paid for fitting and (finally) getting it running)

Cheers

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.