VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I not sure if anybody can help but I am after an undertray for my 2001 Caravelle 2.5tdi Auto. I have just spoken to my local VW parts centre and they have just quoted me £238.41 for a replacement one for my vehicle. A: Thanks VW T: .Thats a bit out of my price range considering all the other bits and bobs that I need to do to my bus so i'm looking to source a 2nd hand one at a more economical prices lets say.

I've been chatting to a guy on ebay who has a couple and he tells me that an undertray for a manual will fit an auto with a slight modification..... thats fine. But apparently a short nose tray won't fit on a long nose which I have. If anyone could confirm that would be appreciated.

Anyway I'm after one to fit engine code AUF if anyone has one going or knows where i can try...... other than the local stealership! Thanks, Aidy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies and the links to ebay. T: However, that first ebay link i have already chatted to that guy and he tells me that this will only fit on a short nose, so won't fit on mine which is a long nose. And the second ebay link from Poland says its only for a 1.9 to 2.4. I've got a 2.5tdi!! If only it was so simple to find one of these things. Will try tidy transporters anyway as suggested and see what they say.

So does anybody know how many different versions of undertray there are to fit around all the different engines and gearbox combinations.

As i have a 2.5tdi 102bhp with a Phase 2 ETA autobox sitting in a longnose 'velle, seems I need a very exact undertray to to fit!!! :eek:

The search continues......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and nice use of the ebay widget, Zmok, like it. Your posting skills are way better than mine! T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts