VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of fitting one of the following

i have one of them fitted to my work van a va****ll its a factory job it works a treat on a cold morning 1 mile from home heater is blowing nice and warm T: & 1 .5 miles she is upto running temp
the plan is to fit one to the t4 using a heater plug relay & using a timed relay to work the heater plug relay via a push button as it will only have to be powerd up for a couple of minutes after start up
did think about using the heated rear screen to work the heater plug relay but it stays on for to long
any thoughts T:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I can't see how it works. It's obviously not an electric engine pre-heater so how does it warm your engine?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
*<:)> it has 4 glow plugs in it (their is one missing in the picture) . on the vauxhall it goes in the heater supply pipe when you start the engine it automatically powers up the glow plugs so it heats the water entering the heater so it speeds up engine warm up & when up to running temp they are switched off automaticallly
( only works when engine is running and coolant is cold )
hope this makes senseT:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Good idea. I like the idea of an electric pre-heater be plugged into a mains timer so your engine is already warm when you get in the van, but I wonder how many owners have driven off and ripped the cable out !

·
Registered
867 Posts
i had one on my audi a4 tdi as standard. if i remember it used to only come on above 2,000 rpm and you could see the lights dim when it did. probably something to do with battery drain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts