VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my van has being layed up for the past 4 months so i could get some money together for a new cam shaft, tools,and info to carry it out.I changed the shaft, bearings all strech bolts reassembled and am pretty confident it is timed correctly.I also changed the oil and oil filter.However the engine wont start.my thoughts are that the cam shaft sensor is faulty.Any idea's?Has anyone had this problem before?

Forgot to metion the van is a 2005 T5 130 AXD

·
Registered
22 Posts
just done the same got it all together took ages to start then found out diesel was low in tank with me using lift pump to prime diesel system had created a vacuum in tank diesel cap was blocked sorted that now think i have blocked pump in the tank so trying to clear it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry i cant help you out gerryk hope you get sorted,im sure one of the t5 experts on the forum will be able to help you out.Not to far away from ya myself Tullamore TownT:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi mate not sure if this will help but after stripping down a polo diesel that i have it wouldnt start, would turn over but not fire, i got told to try tow starting it and hey presto fired up a treat. i think my fuel had ran back on itself, and apparently just cranking it on the key sometimes aint enough hence towing it to start, maybe worth a shot mate T:

·
Registered
260 Posts
have you checked and cleared fault codes?T:
If the camshaft sensor was duff it would throw a fault code.I:

Check the Crankshaft sensor multiplug in front of bellhousing for burnt connection inside.:eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.I need to get vag com up and running on my laptop to read the codes.I jumped started the battery but the starter motor was turning over slowly.I removed the starter and connected 12v on the bench.Looks like its has worn brushes.Will need to get this reconditioned this week.I hope this is the problem.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i cant help you out gerryk hope you get sorted,im sure one of the t5 experts on the forum will be able to help you out.Not to far away from ya myself Tullamore TownT:
Not to far away in Moate rayzor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts