VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,

I want to buy a used T4 for traveling continent for year. I have my eyes on an English T4 but I need advice on how I would insure it for use it abroad for more than 30 day. I’m 23 so a lot of the insurers won’t touch it.

Does anyone have any bright ideas please?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Our policy allows us upto 60 days in one trip and upto 90 days per year .
Things may well change after jan 1st though ....who knows at this stage 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our policy allows us upto 60 days in one trip and upto 90 days per year .
Things may well change after jan 1st though ....who knows at this stage 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for your comment, however I’d be looking for something close to 365 days as I’m studying abroad.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
We had insurance and a green card from farmers union covered the whole year when we traveled in our old T2, ideal as it covered the non eu countries. Mind you that was 20 years ago..how time flyes..

·
Vendor
120 Posts
Hi, The EU cover may differ depending on if the van is a standard van, a day van or a full camper. Some insurers would give up to 365 days for a camper but anything standard or a day van would usually be around 90 days.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You should really get cover in the country you will be studying/living in.
You may also have to re-register it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank you for your comment, however I’d be looking for something close to 365 days as I’m studying abroad.
Think you might need to investigate that further as you'll probably have to re-register your vehicle and change your driving license if you stay more than six months in another country. No idea what effect Brexit might have on that too, there's talk of British people having to have an international driving license too as a standard license might not be valid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I got a quote from Adrian Flux (very pleased with their service), they quoted me a good price for 365 days EU of cover whilst doing the conversion. If I end up staying in country I’m studying in I will have the register it after a year which will be a whole new area to research. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts