VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware a campervan forum may not neccesarily be the perfect place to add this but although I have a self converted T4 I still enjoy camping and bivvying out in the wilds too. Unfortunately wild camping is currently illegal in England (but not Scotland) and this petition is an attempt to overturn that legislation.

You are invited to read and sign if you wish http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/68882

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
unfortunately , considering the state of our society & lack of policing, that would make it legal for the " louts, teenagers & drunks" in your petition. they've had to stop it in a couple of popular areas in Scotland because of problems.
needs an overall change of attitude in this country - parents should be attending to their childrens' outdoor interests, not teachers.
prefer it as it is, we have no trouble wilding in the van or a tent atm if common sense is used

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
unfortunately , considering the state of our society & lack of policing, that would make it legal for the " louts, teenagers & drunks" in your petition. they've had to stop it in a couple of popular areas in Scotland because of problems.
needs an overall change of attitude in this country - parents should be attending to their childrens' outdoor interests, not teachers.
prefer it as it is, we have no trouble wilding in the van or a tent atm if common sense is used
Agreed! Sick of seeing remnants of badly lain fires surrounded by broken bottles and rusty beer cans. Take nowt but memories, leave nowt but footprints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts