VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this today from a post on LinkedIn. I have no connection with the people, or the product, and have never tried it, but I wondered if anyone here has?

I asked if there is any known issue using them in machines with a DPF, they say not.

http://www.greenfootglobal.com/

Adam

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
enviro tabs.... you put it in your tank, your vehicle stops running, it has helped the environment

wanna by some snake oilLOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
From a post on the TDI Club forum

Their website claims that: " EnviroTabs® does not modify or alter the fuel in any way.". With a claim like that it is easy to offer a guarantee. It basically claims to do nothing, so it's very hard to prove that it doesn't work, as long as it does no harm. Any inert product could make this claim.

It claims to modify the metal in the combustion chamber (a catalytic coating) and it also claims to be a sort of thermal insulator; "
EnviroTabs® changes the surface heat absorption characteristics of metal." I find these multiple claims to be unbelievable and certainly unproven. Can you give us any measurable effects?

I am always suspicious of any product that offers to do everything for all types of fuel. Gasoline (Petrol) and diesel fuel are very different products with different properties. I tend to disbelieve in miracle cures for anything. This product promises too much and offers too little proof to suit my tastes. Show me third party (impartial) testing of the claims made, and I might think about it again.

It would be nice if this actually works as advertised, but I have serious doubts. There have been many products that make great claims (magnetic particle "aligners", devices that plug into your cigarette lighter sockets to "condition" your power, swirl enhancers, and various products that you add to the fuel. All (so far) have proven to be a waste of money. I suspect that this is the same.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a chemist friend who used to work in the fuel industry. I'll see what he says. I must say I am sceptical. If it was that good we would have already heard about it. All the examples on the website seem to be for older fuel guzzlers - where cleaning out the muck would help - a bit like a good shot of Redex maybe.

Fuels have all kind of additives to improve combustion and clean cylinders - but these claims are quite dramatic. You'd think that Shell or BP would have licensed it.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
They are also "spamming" loads of forums and are very good with search optimization tools as they list on search engines in the top pages.

They are a multi-level marketing scheme with the main aim of making lots of money with the latest get rich quick con.

As far as I can find there is no independent research to back up their "claims", but most of their "science is very suspect"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts